The 37th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2017) provides a forum for engineers and scientists in academia, industry and government to present their latest research findings in major and emerging areas of distributed computing. The special track is dedicated to submissions that will promote visionary ideas and blue sky thinking, and will spark interesting discussions and new insights both within the distributed systems community but also across disciplines. We are looking for potentially disruptive and new ideas which the academic community should look at in designing its research agenda for the next 10 years. We encourage submissions that present ideas may have not been completely developed and experimentally evaluated.
Topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to:
- Big Data Systems and Distributed Data Management and Analytics
- Cloud Computing and Data Center Systems
- Distributed Operating Systems and Middleware
- Distributed Algorithms and Theory
- Distributed Fault Tolerance and Dependability
- Security, Privacy, Trust in Distributed Systems
- Distributed Green Computing and Energy Management
- Mobile and Wireless Computing
- Edge and Fog Computing
- Internet of Things, Smart Cities, and Cyber-Physical Systems
- Social Networks and Crowdsourcing
We encourage authors of this track to consider submitting visionary papers outlining high-risk/high-reward ideas on role of distributed computing on the current and future technologies.
- Manfred Hauswirth, TU Berlin, Germany
- Manish Parashar, Rutgers University, USA
- Ozalp Babaoglu, University of Bologna, Italy
- Umesh Bellur, IIT Bombay, India
- Jesus Carretero, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Frederic Desprez, INRIA, France
- Dieter Kranzlmüller, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Muenchen, Germany
- Christine Morin, INRIA, France
- Thu Nguyen, Rutgers University, USA
- Vladimir Vlassov, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden
Form of Manuscript: All submissions should follow the IEEE 8.5” x 11” Two-Column Format. Each submission can have up to 10 pages without references. Papers exceeding this length limit or with smaller fonts will be rejected without review. If the submission is accepted for publication, up to 2 over-length pages may be purchased for the final camera-ready version. Submissions should NOT be blinded for review.
Electronic Submission: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icdcs2017
- Paper submission: March 10, 2017
- Author notification: March 25, 2017
- Camera-ready paper deadline: April 3, 2017
You can also find the ICDCS 2017 submission Web page https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icdcs2017 when you log in to EasyChair and follow the menu items ICDCS 2017 -> ICDCS 2017 information.