The 37th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2017) solicits Tutorial proposals for tutorials from active researchers and experienced industry practitioners. Tutorial proposals should address either emerging or established research topics that will be of broad interest to the ICDCS community and as listed in the Call for Papers. Please refer to http://icdcs2017.gatech.edu/call-for-papers/ for relevant topics.
Submission Guidelines for Tutorial Proposals
Proposals should not exceed 3 pages containing the following:
- Abstract (up to 150 words)
- Rationale: why do you believe this is an interesting and significant subject for the Distributed Computing Systems community at large? Is this tutorial or a similar one presented by the same or some authors in some other venues?
- Content details: an outline of the tutorial in the form of a bulleted list with references and estimates for the time that will be devoted to each subject (up to 1 page).
- Materials: a description of materials the tutor(s) plan to distribute (if any), e.g. size, media format, etc. NOTE: the materials themselves do not need to be provided in the proposal.
- Target audience and prerequisites (up to 100 words): from which areas do you expect potential participants to come? What prior knowledge, if any, do you expect from the audience? What will the participants learn? How many participants do you expect?
- Proposed length of the tutorial: please choose from 3 hours (half-day) and 6 hours (full day). If you are flexible, please indicate in the outline the content that will not be included if a short tutorial is given.
- Expected enrollment along with the basis of such enrollment
- Short biography of the tutor(s) with relevant experience on the tutorial topic
Short tutorial summaries will appear in the ICDCS 2017 conference proceedings.
- James Caverlee, Texas A&M University, USA
- Vaidy Sunderam, Emory University, USA
All tutorial proposals should be submitted electronically.
Electronic Submission: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icdcs2017
- Tutorial submission: March 25, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: April 3, 2017