The 37th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2017) solicits demonstrations of distributed computing systems and applications. Early implementations, prototypes, work-in-progress systems/applications as well as commercial products that are related to distributed computing technologies, cloud computing technologies, edge computing technologies, etc. are welcome. Especially, we encourage software demos that the audience can interact with.
The selection criteria for ICDCS demonstrations include novelty, technical merits and the ability of the demonstrations to interact with the audience. The demonstration proposal may outline the features of the demonstration that the audience can interact with and the novelty behind the underlying system.
A demo submission requires a software demo proposal that should follow IEEE 8.5″ x 11″ Two-Column Format. The demo paper should be up to 4 pages, including all figures/tables and references. Separately, a text file describing the information of your demo (required space, power, network, etc.) must be provided.
Demo proposals should be submitted electronically to https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icdcs2017. In the submission form, select the Demo Track.
All accepted demonstration papers (up to 4 pages) will be included in the conference proceedings and will be published on IEEE Xplore (IEEE Digital Library).
Best Demo Awards
There will be two Best Demo Awards at the conference, one based on track chair and program committee evaluation and another based on audience poll during the demo session.
- Demo submission deadline: March 6, 2017
- Notification: March 25, 2017
- Camera-ready due: April 3, 2017
- Gerald F Lofstead, Sandia National Lab., USA
- Balaji Palanisamy, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Demo Track Program Committee Members (list being updated):
- Nathalie Baracaldo, IBM Research, USA
- Suren Byna, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA
- Toni Collis, EPCC, UK
- Liting Hu, Florida International University, USA
- Suzanne McIntosh, NYU Courant Institute, and Cloudera Inc., USA
- Devesh Tiwari, ORNL, USA
- Ming Zhao, Arizona State University, USA